Thursday, August 15, 2013

Warning....this review contains slight spoilers!


Title:  Consumed
Series:  Dark Protector's Book 4
Author:  Rebecca Zanetti
Genre: Paranormal Romance



“There’s only one path to bliss...”  This quote appears on the front of Consumed and boy does it described Jordan and Katie’s battle of wills to finally acknowledging their feelings for one another.  

Jordan Pride rescued Katie when she was just a baby after     she was placed in foster care following the untimely death of her parents.  Since that time, Katie has been a consistent force in Jordan’s life and even though she has blossomed into a woman, Jordan still battles his ferocious desire for Katie.  With Virus-27 still reeking havoc on shifters and robbing vampires of their mates, Katie must battle her fears and a stubborn lion determined to deny his feelings for her to save his life.  

Jordan and Katie’s story is Book 4 in Rebecca Zanetti’s Dark Protector’s series.  It takes place 10 years after Connlan’s book, and we are treated to front row seats to the detriments the war has caused in the Realm.  While this book wasn’t what I was expecting for Jordan and Katie’s story, it did not fall short of my expectations.  My initial reaction when I started reading and realized it was 10 years in the future wasn’t enthused, and I thought well Damn I missed Janie growing up!  I was however pleasantly surprised as Zanetti really makes the time jump work and leads readers on an action packed, edge of your seat adventure with Jordan and Katie.  There are secrets revealed, loyalties tested, and most of all more Freaking questions about what Zane really is!  I’m looking forward to the next installment, alas I won’t be getting to it any time soon because I’m waiting for Celie to catch up but still I’m looking forward to seeing what Zanetti will spin for me next.  This is a solid installment in the Dark Protector’s series and I employ you to pick up a copy and give it a try.




     

0 comments :

Post a Comment

18+ Disclaimer

We love to Chit Chat with all Chickies/Dudes, but we cater to an audience of 18+. Rather than corrupt young minds we ask those under the age of 18 to leave. Otherwise feel free to get down and dirty with the Thick Chicks!

Take the Challenge!

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Diaries of 2 Thick Chicks has read 20 books toward her goal of 230 books.
hide

Stalk Us!

2 Thick Chicks Ratings

2 Thick Chicks Ratings