Tuesday, January 21, 2014


Hola Chickies!  Welcome to this week's Bench Talk Discussion.  Here's our question for this week?

 

How Much Description is Too Much for Sex Scenes?


Here's one of those topics that I for one (Nettie that is) have a lot to say!  Don't get me wrong, I love a good steamy scene with my books....in fact, I stopped reading YA because I couldn't get any good steamy scenes.  However.....I am highly uncomfortable with the "P" word and the "C" word when describing the woman's body parts, but I have absolutely no problem with the description of male parts.  I know totally insane but.....what can I say? 
Here's a couple of books I felt just went TOO far:
  • Taken By Fire by Sidney Croft - I know I know this is an erotica book and I should expect things such as this but......chick used a metal dittle sound and stuck it down his pejangle hole! WTF.....that was TOOO Much!
  • Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James - This one deserves the WTF Was That title for the nastiest scene I have ever read!  Christian decides he wants to be a little bit freaky with Anna while she was on her menstrual cycle, and decides it's his job to reach in and pull her FREAKING tampon out!  WTF??????
Those are just 2 from my list of books that had sex scenes that just went TOO far!  What are some of yours?  Leave me a comment so we can discuss.  I'll leave you with a funny I created in honor of this discussion.

 

0 comments :

Post a Comment

18+ Disclaimer

We love to Chit Chat with all Chickies/Dudes, but we cater to an audience of 18+. Rather than corrupt young minds we ask those under the age of 18 to leave. Otherwise feel free to get down and dirty with the Thick Chicks!

Take the Challenge!

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Diaries of 2 Thick Chicks has read 20 books toward her goal of 230 books.
hide

Stalk Us!

2 Thick Chicks Ratings

2 Thick Chicks Ratings