Tuesday, July 1, 2014

129537Title: What's a Ghoul to do?
Series: Ghost Hunter Mystery, Book 1
Author: Victoria Laurie
Genre: Paranormal Mystery
Rating: 3 Notes



Goodreads Synopsis:

M.J., her partner Gilley, and their client, the wealthy, de-lish Dr. Steven Sable, are at his family's lodge, where his grandfather allegedly jumped to his death from the roof-although Sable says it was foul play. But the patriarch's isn't the only ghost around. The place is lousy with souls, all with something to get off their ghoulish chests. Now M.J. will have to to quell the clamor-and listen for a voice with the answers... 






Book Review:

This book was interesting to me. My first impression was that the book was about actual ghouls. That is what happens when you only look at the book cover and decide to listen to the book. I was happy not to be disappointed. What's A Ghoul To Do? kept me intrigued. MJ is able to see and speak with spirits that have not yet passed over. Some of the people she encounter are good and bad. Unfortunately, not all spirits know they are dead so they continue with their routine. So MJ and her partner Gilley work are Ghostbusters. Gilley is not for all the actual ghost work but is a dedicated wheel man. Let a ghost show up and Gilley is the first out the door...I don't blame him.

MJ and Gilley are hired by a handsome Dr. Steven Sable to investigate the death of his grandfather. It is believed that he committed suicide by jumping off the roof of his house. Steven believes there is foul play and needs MJ to find out the truth. The road to truth is not all it cracks up to be. Gilley is pushed down some stairs by a ghost. MJ and Steven are almost drown by an unknown assailant. Close family friends of Steven are murdered. The list goes on and on of everything that could go wrong with trying to find out why an old man killed himself. MJ, Gilley, and Steven definitely have their hands full with this mystery but the answers are worth the fight.

What's A Ghoul To Do? was actually good. I did have my doubts about the book but I pushed through...YAY for me. Throughout the book I thought at anytime Steven was going to turn out to be the bad guy because it was just something about him that said, "I did it." I was wrong of course but that my was feelings. Gilley was my favorite character of the book. He had me laughing when he faked a fire to get his one-night stand out his bed. That was too funny.

Overall the book gets 3 notes. I will continue the series when I am in a reading funk.



0 comments :

Post a Comment

18+ Disclaimer

We love to Chit Chat with all Chickies/Dudes, but we cater to an audience of 18+. Rather than corrupt young minds we ask those under the age of 18 to leave. Otherwise feel free to get down and dirty with the Thick Chicks!

Take the Challenge!

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Diaries of 2 Thick Chicks has read 20 books toward her goal of 230 books.
hide

Stalk Us!

2 Thick Chicks Ratings

2 Thick Chicks Ratings