Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Shooting Scars (The Artists Trilogy, #2)SWEET DESTINY this book was intense!  Shooting Scars is book 2 in Karina Halle's The Artists Trilogy and it most definitely lived up to it's predecessor and maybe even surpassed the intensity of the last book.  Just like Sins and Needles, this book starts a little slow, but Karina Halle is the champion of the slow build and when her books take off, they really take off!

This books starts us off exactly as it left us in Sins and Needles with Ellie on the run with Javier and Camden with his ex-wife and son.  Readers have no idea of Javier's true intentions...will he hurt Ellie, what does he want from her, why did he finally set out to find her?  These are just some of the questions that were spiraling through my head when I started the book.  Even more, Halle drove me up the feaking wall because she would do a chapter on Ellie and a chapter on Camden...Really Chick I just need you to let the story flow.  Basically what I'm saying is Halle forced us into mini cliffhangers throughout the whole damn book! Yes, this drove me crazy but I have to acknowledge that I love Halle more for it because it makes the ride even more intense and keeps you on the edge of your seat.

Moving on, we get introduced to the evasive character of Gus and boy is he full of secrets! Javier reveals SOME of his intentions and leaves out others but the ride was sooooo good and even though I remain Team Camellie, I have to admit I was just a bit swayed by Javier hence our SINsual Sunday quote for this week.  Javier is smooth, well dressed, ruthless to a fault, and SEXY as hell!  Okay, I admit I'm still on the fence......no I'm not....yes I am (shyte, biting my fingernails).  Ummmm can I do a coin toss here?

On to Camden....dude is gangster in this book!  Camden basically has reached his threshold and decided he's going for what he really wants, and in this case it is Ellie!  More important, he wants Ellie away from Javier because deep down where he won't admit it, he's thinking that Javier may be able to take Ellie away from him! Cue Camden throwing the first punch, dodging the police, getting shot, and beating the ever loving crap out of Javier.

Okay, I'm ending this review here because trust me you want to experience the ride for yourself without the added bonus of my spoilers.  It is intense, crazy, sexy and leaves you in a WTF frame of mind because you will have no idea how the 3 main characters are going to survive what happens in the end and still come out on top!  I'm giving this one a solid 4 notes and 3 flames.


0 comments :

Post a Comment

18+ Disclaimer

We love to Chit Chat with all Chickies/Dudes, but we cater to an audience of 18+. Rather than corrupt young minds we ask those under the age of 18 to leave. Otherwise feel free to get down and dirty with the Thick Chicks!

Take the Challenge!

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Diaries of 2 Thick Chicks has read 20 books toward her goal of 230 books.
hide

Stalk Us!

2 Thick Chicks Ratings

2 Thick Chicks Ratings